Shop by Countries in United Kingdom
Best Prepaid SIM Card Options for Travelling to the UK
The United Kingdom is one of the world’s most visited countries, drawing tourists far and wide to experience everything from the stunning natural beauty of Scotland to the busy streets of London. The country’s appreciation for art and culture is seen in its many theatres and museums, while its appreciation for diversity and community can be found in the wide range of cuisines available. All of these factors make the UK a must see, and those lucky enough to spend long lengths of time here should visit as much of the country as possible. If you’ve arrived in the UK to visit family or have relocated on a work visa, chances are that you’ll need a new local SIM card. Choosing the best UK prepaid SIM card for your needs is essential in ensuring that you don’t buy a product that isn’t compatible with your needs.
What are UK travel sim cards?
Whether you’re heading to the UK for a week or a month, staying connected to friends and family back home is essential. But with varying networks around the globe, finding a reliable way to communicate can be difficult — especially if you’re relying on your hotel’s WiFi or other hot spots to communicate.
UK travel sim cards are specially designed sim cards that offer travelers a convenient and affordable way to stay connected to loved ones while traveling in the United Kingdom. These cards are pre-loaded with data and other features, providing quick and easy access to websites, social media platforms, and more — just like your regular sim card.
Why purchase a travel sim card for the UK
From storing boarding passes in your digital wallet to booking dinner reservations, we rely on our phones for almost everything during travel. And if you’re thinking about picking up a sim card for UK travel from the US, SimCorner has got you covered. Some of the benefits you can look forward to when buying a sim card from SimCorner include:
- Convenience — No matter where you are in the world, there’s nothing worse than restricted internet access. With a UK travel sim card, travelers can roam freely without relying on WiFi or other hot spots to look up information or send a quick message home.
- Affordable — There are several expenses travelers must save and budget for — mobile data and internet access shouldn’t be one. SimCorner is proud to offer an affordable range of travel sim cards for the UK. Depending on the data plan you need, our prices range from $21 to $50.
- Competitive pricing — Not only are our travel sim cards affordable, we’re committed to giving customers the best prices. If you find a better deal elsewhere, let us know, and we’ll beat it by 10%!
- Flexible — Whether you’re staying in England or doing a tour of several counties, our range of travel sim cards for the UK can do the job. Our sim cards keep you connected, no matter if you are visiting England, Scotland, Ireland, or Wales.
- Transferable data — One of the big benefits of using our travel sim cards is that you’ll be able to use the sim to hotspot data from another device, like a tablet or laptop. Remember that most of our sim cards can only be used in mobile phones.
Travel add-ons for your UK trip
Now that you’ve sorted your sim card, it’s time to start putting together your packing list. Between stuffing clothes into compartments and putting together your toiletries kit, it’s not uncommon for certain essentials to slip your mind. SimCorner stocks various travel necessities, from laundry bags to travel adapters and power banks.
And if you need some extra travel inspiration for your upcoming trip, head to our travel blog! We’ve got many insightful travel tips and tricks, from saving money on food to top destination picks.
Shipping and payment options with SimCorner
Purchasing travel sim cards with SimCorner is fast, easy, and affordable.
All orders over $60 will receive free standard shipping (tracking included) — orders under $60 will incur a $6.10 shipping fee. Customers who select express shipping will be charged a $9.99 shipping fee. Depending on the shipping option, you can expect to receive your UK travel sim card in 2-7 business days.
SimCorner also accepts the following payment methods: Visa and Mastercard, PayPal, Amex, JCB, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
Get prepaid SIM card UK that are right for you!
Now that you have the SIM Card for UK options laid in front of you, you would have already made up your mind on the data card that is ideal for you in terms of your travel itinerary. Though all the SIM cards are available in three sizes and fit most phones, it’s always good to check the specifications and compatibility before getting one that would be right for you. Why not, check out all the options that we offer at SimCorner and get a UK SIM card for your next trip to the UK. If you like more information use the contact us link above to get in touch with us. Get your travel SIM today.
Why do I need a UK travel sim card?
Whether you’re heading to the UK for a quick getaway or planning a month-long tour, you’ll likely need the internet to get around and stay in touch with friends and family. In the past, that might have meant relying heavily on WiFi or using your phone normally, only to come home to a massive bill — but not anymore.
By purchasing a UK travel sim card from SimCorner, you’ll be free to travel across the UK without worrying about your internet access. Our sim cards also come with handy features, like the ability to hotspot your data to other devices, such as your tablet or laptop. They’re also a more affordable alternative to using your regular data and are a one-off cost!
Which UK travel sim cards are the best?
When it comes to finding the best travel sim card for the UK, there are a few factors to consider, such as flexibility, accessibility, and data bank options. After all, whether you’re listening to music on a walk or using maps to navigate to your next destination, it’s essential to have a reliable sim card ready to go.
For too long, we’ve heard horror stories about travelers coming home from a holiday to an eye-watering phone bill, so we came up with a better solution. SimCorner has been supplying travel sim cards to customers since 2012 and has collected more than 7,000 five-star reviews.
Our affordable and easy-to-use travel sim cards give travelers the freedom to explore new countries without the fear of attracting a massive bill, staying connected to the people who matter most.
Can I get a UK sim card in the US?
Yes! With SimCorner, you’ll be able to purchase a travel sim card for the UK that you can insert into your phone — it’s that easy! Our sim cards are available in various data limits, ensuring you get the best product for your data needs.
What makes SimCorner sim cards easy to use?
Let’s face it, not all of us are tech-savvy and have the time to fiddle around with a new sim card. That’s why we’ve kept things simple — with our easy activation process, you’ll be able to start roaming around the UK in no time!
When you’re ready to start using your UK travel sim card, turn your phone off and insert the sim into the device. Once it’s inserted, turn your phone on. The sim will automatically connect you to the nearest network and commence its 30-day service period.
Once the 30 days are up, or you’re done using the sim, simply dispose of the card appropriately.
Which SimCorner travel sim card is right for me?
Our range of UK travel sim cards is available with either 7GB, 12GB, or 100GB of data. The sim card you pick should depend on how you intend to use your data. For instance, if you’re only looking to use a small amount of data and minutes, our 7GB travel sim card could be an ideal choice.
In contrast, if you require a larger data bank to Facetime, scroll online, watch videos, or even work, our 12GB or 100GB data sim options may be a better pick. But no matter what UK travel sim card you select, SimCorner can provide unlimited calls and texts to standard UK mobiles and landlines.
Is there anything else I need to know before purchasing a UK travel sim card?
While our range of travel sim cards is designed to provide freedom and flexibility to travelers, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Our travel sim cards cannot be recharged and only last up to 30 days. If you are planning on traveling to the UK for longer than 30 days, we recommend purchasing additional sim cards and setting the activation date a month apart from the previous sim.
- Once your sim card is activated, you will temporarily have a new UK phone number — so don’t forget to send your new digits to family and friends!
- Most of our sim cards can only be used on a mobile phone. If you want to use the sim’s data on other devices, you must use HotSpot from your smartphone. Alternatively, our UK Data Only Sim (12GB) sim card can be inserted into other devices, like tablets — there are no unlimited calls or texts with this option.
- If you would like to check the data balance of your travel sim card, you will need to text ‘BALANCE’ to 20202.
What are your shipping and delivery costs?
Our shipping and delivery costs depend on the shipping option you select at checkout. Our shipping and delivery costs are as follows:
- Free standard shipping over $60 (delivery within 3-7 business days).
- $6.10 standard shipping for orders under $60 (delivery within 3-7 business days).
- $9.95 express shipping (delivery within 2-4 business days).
Please note that all customers can track their orders, regardless of the shipping option.
How can I inquire about your UK travel sim cards?
If you would like to learn more about our sim cards for UK travel from the USA, please don’t hesitate to contact us by filling out an online form.